This includes two new buildings, the Lehmannzentrum part II, collecting all IT institutes of TU Dresden, as well as a Co-Innovation Center (CIC) for the Smart Systems Hub, a new form of technology center.
http://www.sz-online.de/nachrichten/silicon-saxony-will-zum-digitalen-hub-werden-3584998.html http://www.dnn.de/Dresden/Lokales/Sachsen-errichtet-Zentrum-fuer-Mikroelektronik-fuer-100-Millionen-Euro-in-Dresden https://www.dresden.de/de/rathaus/aktuelles/pressemitteilungen/2017/01/pm_029.php http://www.sachsen-fernsehen.de/freistaat-engagiert-sich-fuer-innovationszentrum-zur-industrie-digitalisierung-326652/
The taskforce of the Smart Systems Hub is headed by Prof. Frank Fitzek (ETIT, TU Dresden). Prof. Aßmann is a member. The taskforce prepares a proposal for the BMWI. In June 2017, at the IT-Summit in Ludwigshafen, Dresden wants to join the de:hubs.
The purpose of the Smart Systems Hub is to provide a platform to transform classic industries with IoT technology ("digitization"). Therefore, a Hub Agency will mediate external, national, and international parties with Dresden and Saxon players for IoT technology.
- Jungle trails through the Smart Systems Hub will be defined, on which parties can meet
- Common research and transfer projects will be defined.
- Prototypes of wild ideas will be tested in the IoT makerspaces and living labs of the Smart Systems Hub.
- Students will be involved in the Co-Working Space.
- Corporate partners can host a jungle trail.